Turquoise Barn

An Eco-Conscious, Green-Certified Retreat, Event, & Education Center located in the Catskill Mountains on an Organic farm. Offering group workshops, retreats, outdoor event space....specializing in sustainable Botanical Cuisine, Nature Therapy, and more! An ideal venue for YOUR retreat, wedding, or friends/family gathering. For more information, please visit our website.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Bit Behind the Times....My First Blog

So this is my first blog – yes, I realize i’m light years behind but it’s something that has been on my “to-do list” forever.  So why have I decided to start blogging?

I’ve been told by many that I “think out loud”  - this  can be both a blessing and a curse.  I also have extreme sensitivities to all of the senses…not to the point of being labeled as having severe sensory “issues”…but again….being both a blessing & a curse.  I’m also a Virgo and like structure & to stay organized.  Virgos are also known to be perfectionists and hyper-critical –  I like to tie this in with the sensitivity ”issues”.   Where am I going with this?  Well, I guess what I’m trying to say in a roundabout way is that I think I’m really going to enjoy blogging.  I can critique & “think out loud” about what I see, taste, touch, feel, & smell AND I’ll have it all documented in a nice neat orderly structure on-line. 

As a woman, artist, gardener, mother, raw & living food chef, educator, business owner, and wannabe again traveler, I’ll probably be blogging about all of the above.  Well....I’m going to post this so I can get on with some more interesting topics….like food, gardening, foraging for wild edibles, & art - which right now are at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment